Taller Technologies is looking for seasoned Data Engineers to join our talented staff
At this position you will be able to:
- Build, maintain and Continuously improve data management systems that are on our client's premises and in the public cloud (Teradata, Hadoop, AWS Cloud)
- Create scripts as required to automate processes.
- Operate effectively in a Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) environment.
- Provide production support.
- Implement data reliability, efficiency, and quality improvements.
- Perform data modeling activities.
- Take high level design from data architects or lead data engineers and translate them into detailed design.
- Interact directly with business users to take their requirements and translate them into detailed design.
Skills and Experience required:
- 5 + years of experience within Data Warehousing and Analytics with demonstrable experience in data integration, data lake, or data warehouse projects.
- Proven experience with big data technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Sqoop, Hue, MapReduce, Kafka, Hive, Spark, Ranger).
- Prior experience building on Cloud technology providers (preference for AWS but open to Azure or GCP).
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (i.e. Git, Jenkins, etc..).
- Prior experience writing APIs used to consume data.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language and/or proficiency in 2 languages: Python, Scala, or Java.
- Working knowledge of Teradata is a plus.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Attention to detail, excellent problem-solving ability, and strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Advanced English Level
- Available to Travel abroad